Chanukah Books for Young Readers


From our librarian, Thea Crook, two recommendations for Chanukah books for young readers:





Without overtly combining Thanksgiving and Chanukah, Gracie's Night by Lynn Taylor Gordon is about being grateful and thus works for both holidays. Most beautifully, it is written in verse. When I read this two our first graders, halfway into the book a boy said, "This book rhymes!" That, to me, is a sign that it is very well done because the language isn't repetitious and belabored. The children were riveted.


In One Candle by Eve Bunting, a family develops its very own ritual for Chanukah to remember a relative who died in the Holocaust.

Comments

  1. Thank you again for all the knowledge u distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards,
    middle school science textbooks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts